Friday 14 August 2009

Ukraine's Got Talent...

Dave McKean tweeted a link to this clip and it really is something beautiful to behold, so I'm reposting it here.

Watch in wonder...



Great isn't it.

And while we're at it, did you ever see this:



There are things in the world that make me smile at their seemingly simple wonder. Things that are like honest to god magic to watch. Art god-dammit, with all the attendant affects that Art is supposed to have on you when you see it.

Listening to Sir Christopher Frayling's commentary on La Belle Et La Bete as I write this. Marvelling as I look up at the gorgeous images and simple old fashioned 'stage magic' effects, that despite their - in a sense - overt unreality, are so completely enchanting, so completely moving and magical, how they reach right inside you to tickle the heart and mind, and make you smile.

After a sort of grumpy, clenched up week (which I may go into later, if I've got something productive to say about it - I don't want to bore you with it), things like these - and finding great new writers and writing - are like ice water in the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment